Sunday 22 April 2012

Pacific Wharf: Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill


The Pacific Wharf is what I kind of call the food court area in Disney California Adventure. Yes, there is one sort of over in Paradise Pier by Goofy's Flight School, but this one has the most variety from Chinese to San Franciscan. It also has Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill, which is Mexican cuisine.

The gluten free list provided by Disneyland just lists random things, and I didn't bring it with me when I went so I was left to try to figure it out on my own. My go to was usually nachos since I love them and they are quite delicious, but sadly they did not have nachos. I ended up just deciding on something that, to the best of my knowledge, shouldn't contain wheat.





I ordered the two chicken tamales, which comes with a side of beans, rice, and some lettuce, tomatoes, and guacamole to add to your tamales.


When I opened up the corn husks and saw the tamales were pure white I became slightly nervous, not knowing if they had only used white corn flour or not, but I continued on.  I'm assuming they didn’t have wheat flour in them because I felt fine afterwards, it was just shocking to see tamales that were so white. I was also nervous about the beans but those were fine as well. You should probably ask a cast member just to make sure though.

The tamales were filled with chicken and I had the salsa (not sure what beside tomatillos were in it) and lettuce/tomatoes/guacamole to add to them, which made it better. The rice was dry, but overall the meal filled me up, I just wasn't something I was too excited for. All of the food was just ‘okay’ and not much to write home about. But if you are at Disney California Adventure and you want Mexican food, here you go, though I would recommend Tortilla Jo’s in Downtown Disney.

The total cost was about $10 so slightly expensive but other meals cost around $15, so I decided to go for the cheaper one.

They also have a little side area that sells desserts. I have a friend who loves the cookies from here. I haven't tried anything from there yet, but at least know that the cookies are delicious- as says my friend.

And here is a picture of what I was sitting under.

 


-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment