Monday 23 April 2012

Main Street, U.S.A: Jolly Holiday Bakery [3]

 It's official; I am in love with the Jolly Holiday Bakery. Blue Bayou is still my favourite restaurant, but as far as being a poor college student goes, Jolly Holiday is definitely my favourite.

So far, I've tried the desserts and now it was time to try their sandwiches. They have many choices and all can come on a gluten free bun should you ask. They all look delicious so choosing one was a struggle so I had to narrow it down, on this particular day, to what I wanted at the time. I was looking for something on the light side and that lead me to the caprese sandwich. It has lettuce, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella with a side of balsamic vinaigrette and basil puree. All sandwiches come with a side of handmade potato chips.



I poured the vinaigrette onto the bread to allow it to soak it up and before each bite, I would pour a little of the basil on to get the full flavour. It was delicious, amazingly so. Everything complimented each other from the crisp lettuce, creamy mozzarella, tangy vinaigrette, and sweet tomato.  It was also quite tasty to dip my chips into the basil or balsamic.

Asking for that sandwich on a gluten free bun meant I did have to a wait a bit, but it also meant that my sandwich was made fresh. The other, non-gluten free sandwiches sit in a display case while waiting for someone to order them. Additionally, the cast member was nice about the whole wait thing, actually all the cast members around me there were. The cost was $9, which is a little expensive for a sandwich, but since that was my lunch I was happy I wasn't paying $15 or anything.

I will be getting this again, but I still have to try the other sandwiches.

-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment