Thursday 1 March 2012

For Sale: Mickey Shaped Sprinkles

When I was 18 years old, in fact on my 18th birthday, my parents and I went to Disneyland to celebrate. We went to Blue Bayou for lunch and since it was my birthday, and I was wearing the button, I got chocolate mousse with a candle and topped off with Mickey shaped sprinkles.




Coincidentally, that was the only candle I blew out on my birthday that year, but that isn't the point here. The point was that this was the first time my mum and I saw these Mickey shaped sprinkles and they were so cool that we spent the rest of the trip trying to find them in the stores. Sadly they did not have them.

But we found them the next year when my mum, my cousin, and I went to Disneyland for Halloween:



We were in Frontierland when we found them in the store there. My mum bought some (they were Christmas red and green colours) and I used them many a time at home.

When I first moved to Anaheim, I happily bought some more and they are now part of the Minnie's Bake Shop collection. But the sprinkles are very much Mickey head shaped, not Minnie. Although they could make some cute ones that are Mickey head shaped and some that are bow shaped.


Anyway, those are the sprinkles. As you can tell they are well used by how you can't see any at the top of the container. Thus far I've only used them on my hot chocolate:

Because I need a touch of Disney on everything....

Okay not really, but sprinkles just make things more fun.

They are about $3 or so for a bottle but it is worth it and they are gluten free!

-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment