Friday 2 March 2012

Disneyland Parks: Popcorn

I took the leap and did not sleep for 24 hours.

As those who work at the parks very well know, yesterday was February 29th which is also known as Leap day. Because of this extra day, Disneyland was open from 6 AM on the 29th till 6 AM on the 1st.

I got up at 4 AM and made it to the park at 6 AM. I went on Haunted Mansion and Pirates before 7 in the morning.

For lunch I ended up getting popcorn because I wasn't that hungry and I had to go to work soon. The popcorn is $3.75 for the regular box:


And it was very good. My friend loves the Disneyland popcorn and one time asked me to bring her some when we met up in Downtown Disney.

It is buttery and slightly salty, and it is always overflowing. It is also gluten and soy free.






While I was eating it I was circling the Mad Hatter teacups, and the Hub, and I even made my way up to by the firehouse. I was on a hunt to find Alice and the Hatter. I did see the Dapper Dan's perform by the Fire House, but I wanted Alice and the Hatter. I saw Alice walk by while I was backstage after class so I knew she was there today.

You see, it was leap day, which signifies that this year we have 365 unbirthdays. A very merry unbirthday to you! I was also wearing a flaring skirt, white tights, and black Mary Jane flats so I wanted a picture with her- a pseudo Alice Disney Bound outfit. It would just make my day.

I had finished my wonderful popcorn, which did its job and filled me up for the time being until my lunch break at work, and right as I was about to leave to go change into my costume I saw Alice and the Hatter right by Sleeping Beauty's castle on the Tomorrowland side.

I quickly went over there and while waiting in line, and other guests were taking pictures with Alice I had a lovely conversation with the Hatter and then I got my picture:














In other words, the popcorn available at outdoor vending carts is very good and great snack to hold you over till your next meal. And if you can, try to sneak a peek at all the carts in the different areas because they have a little figure turning a popcorn wheel on the cart and each figure is different in each land. I quite enjoy the one on the popcorn cart by Haunted Mansion.

-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment