Wednesday 7 March 2012

Condor Flats: Taste Pilot's Grill

My parents came down to visit me and we spent the day in the parks. This meant that I gave them the special Charlotte Tour of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure.

Around lunchtime we were in California Adventure and my dad wanted a burger so I told him that the only place in California Adventure with burgers is Taste Pilot's Grill. So Taste Pilot’s Grill it was.

Which in the end was a good choice because it was very hot that day, a burger with a small side of fries can fill you up but not weigh you down. This place does have gluten free buns (the same as at the Village Haus) and you should ask for the fries to be cooked in the 'fries only' fryer. It takes about 10 minutes or so for your order to come out if you order gluten free, though, so be prepared for the wait.

One nice thing is that it has a station set up to add lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, relish, and various other hamburger fixings. It helps you add more flavours to your burger and elevates it more than just a patty on a bun.


My gluten free burger with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, red onion, and ketchup.











Taste Pilot's Grill is also the only place in the Disneyland parks where you can get a milkshake, or so I've been informed of by other cast members. Milkshakes are a weakness of mine, I love them, mainly vanilla.






Taste Pilot's Grill only has chocolate or vanilla milkshakes.

On a hot day it is so worth it.










Here is my receipt:















Total price of meal is around $15 I believe (milkshake+burger). Bit expensive when compared to other places like In & Out, but they were a decent enough burger and milkshake. The burger is kind of dry and just like the one from the Village Haus, but this was better with all the fixings. So if you can get into both parks and you really want a burger, like my dad, then I'd say go to Taste Pilot's Grill instead of Village Haus.


-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment