Tuesday 1 May 2012

Main Street U.S.A: Jolly Holiday Bakery [4]

Who can tell I like the Jolly Holiday Bakery by now? Because after 4 you should know that I do. Also, I keep trying different things so I can review them and I’m not nearly done.

It was somewhat of a cool day- as cool as one can get considering this is Southern California- and I wasn't in the mood for a sandwich, when I remembered the Jolly Holiday had soup so I got of those. You just have to ask for no bread stick to make it gluten free.

The price was about $6 and it may look like a small bowl, but I felt it was just the right amount. Anymore and I would have been too full and I would have had that 'I need a nap' feeling. I also wanted cheesecake so I got that as well. Probably didn’t help the full feeling but you can’t go in there and not get a dessert.


I had the tomato basil soup as opposed to the chicken noodle. It wasn't a smooth soup, which I liked, made it more homey and rustic. The basil flavour was not over powering but you could still make it out, and basil is also a nice accompaniment to tomato. It was very delicious.


This cheesecake looks a little different from the last one I had in the fact that it has raspberries on top and not black berries. This is a more traditional way to prepare cheesecakes. I know that at the bakery I use to intern at we put raspberries on top of ours so it is a popular thing. I think I like the blackberries more just because it's different.

And here's a bird that perched on the chair across from me.

-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment