Friday 4 May 2012

Adventureland: Bengal Barbecue


Located in the back of Adventureland is Bengal Barbecue. It is right across from Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye and sells grilled food. It took me a while to actually eat there because it was always crowded when I walked by, but now that it is non-peak season, I was able to go without too many crowds. I had also spent some time relaxing in Adventureland that morning and went at the most opportune moment.

It is really good for a little snack that isn't sweet or popcorn. I was slightly hungry but not ready for a full meal so it was perfect. I got one order of the safari skewer, which is asparagus wrapped in bacon with a side of lime to sprinkle on top.

The idea is good and it looks really good, but I was expecting full blown bacon flavour and I was left with nothing. All I got was the texture of the bacon but it lacked the salty pork flavour one expects when something is described as 'bacon wrapped'. I don't like bacon too much but this still sounded good, and sadly I was left disappointed. I felt like I would have to get salt packets and sprinkle salt on it to make it have more flavour. It did manage to quench my slight hunger and at a little under $4, I wasn't too upset.


Plus then I went and met with Aladdin and Princess Jasmine.


-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment