Friday 3 February 2012

Main Street, U.S.A: Jolly Holiday Bakery

Introducing, new to Main Street, U.S.A....Disneyland proudly presents: The Jolly Holiday Bakery!!!



Sorry It was raining that day.














On the inside.













I love these stain glass windows of the penguin waiters.








Inspired by Walt Disney's classic, Mary Poppins, the Jolly Holiday Bakery serves sandwiches (you can request a gluten free bun), hot and cold drinks, and many, many baked goods.


There are several display cases that look like this:



Filled with Mickey shaped cookies, various muffins, danishes, and my personal favourite (to look at, can't eat it) the Matterhorn Macaroon.





There was another display case that had mini cheesecakes, brownies, tarts, and cake slices from which my roommates and I choose. One of my roommates got the chocolate cream cheese bar that was like a cheesecake on top of a brownie and a small chocolate Mickey face. If I could have eaten it I would have gotten that, and my roommate’s exact words were, "Charlotte I am so sorry you couldn't eat it because it was really good." My other roommate and myself both got the same thing: flourless chocolate cake slice.









My gluten free Disneyland list didn't list any baked goods that were gluten free but I felt safe with getting something that said 'flourless'. On top was a layer of chocolate ganache and both of us got a milk box because it was a big piece and very rich. The price for one piece was $5 so it was expensive, but it was worth every penny. The rich chocolate was smooth and filling, cool to the touch and just the right amount of sweetness.

Inside the Jolly Holiday Bakery everything, from the decor to the displayed food, looks too good to be true and smells, the food not the decor, even better. Even if you don't want to eat anything at least step inside and look around.


-Charlotte

P.S. Before we went to the bakery I got a mint julep at the Mint Julep Bar. I told you I was addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment