Wednesday 15 February 2012

Fantasyland: Troubadour Tavern

Ever since I got my gluten free list and saw that there were baked potatoes at the Troubadour Tavern, I really wanted them. I had no clue where it was located though, but luckily ended up finding it by random happenstance.

I was in line to take pictures with the princesses at the Fantasy Fair when I turned around and right there was the Troubadour Tavern. It is located right next to the Fair and across from the Toon Town entrance. It is kind of out of the way so it doesn't seem to be very popular but it really should be.

They have three different types of baked potatoes: broccoli and cheese, bacon and sour cream, and I do not remember the last one. Those ones are priced at about $7 (rounded up). My gluten free list mentioned a baked potato with butter and sour cream so I asked for that; it sounded perfect, just a simple dish. The baked potato by itself is $4, butter is $0.59 and the sour cream was $1, so it was cheaper than the specials and just as good.





They put a lot of salt and pepper on it and butter so when you get it, it is melted. Then I added a few more butter balls and some sour cream. It was delicious but needed some chives or something just to give it that little something extra. Overall, it was seasoned just enough and you can add how much butter and sour cream you want or don't want. A simple snack but a tasty one, and it does fill you up.





For a drink I went afterwards to New Orleans Square, taking the train since the Toon Town Depot is there, and got a mint julep.

-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment