Friday 7 November 2014

Main Street, U.S.A.: Jolly Holiday Bakery [11]

WonderCon 2014!

I know. This is very delayed in posting and I truly am sorry for this. Sometimes life just gets in the way, but get ready for a slew of new posts. Starting with my WonderCon trip back in April.

After an early morning start, driving the seven hours down to Anaheim, my friend Brittany and I checked in to our hotel and were ready to meet my other friend, Ashley, at the parks. It was close to 11 AM when we made it inside, which is the time Innoventions opens, so we made our way to Tomorrowland.

Ashley's birthday gift to me was to wait until I was with her to meet Thor and Captain America. Both are recent additions to Innoventions, near the IronMan suits. Being a true Marvel fan, I was excited to meet them; Brittany was in the same boat as me. Ashley has only seen the IronMan films, so it was easy for her to wait- I would not have been able too.







It was a long wait, for both Thor and Captain America. They weren't perfect; we ended up dubbing them the Mighty Mumbles and Captain Awkward. Also, we found out that Cap is against the letter 'i' when I asked him to sign my Captain America trading cards (near mint, a little foxing on the edges) that I bought at WonderCon 2013.



By the time we got out of there, it was past lunchtime and we were starving. Making our way to the Hub, we looked up, past the Partners statue, and saw the glowing beacon of Jolly Holiday Bakery in our hunger-driven haze.

I, of course, ordered the caprese sandwich on a gluten free bun, and I know what you might be thinking. 'Hasn't she reviewed this sandwich quite a few times before?' Yes, I have, but this time it was a very special version.


My sandwich seemed to come with a full head of lettuce. It was more of a leafy caprese salad with a side of bread and chips. So unfortunately, this time the sandwich wasn't up to par with what I expected and wanted. Only a rabbit would have enjoyed that.

As you may come to notice, with several reviews I've done, dishes often change around. It might be a change in chef or just whoever prepared it, but they dishes can change. Therefore, you can't always base one experience as your final judgment for the dish and restaurant. Next time you go, it might be different.




-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment